The Professional Connection System (PCS) is the quick attach/quick release connection system from Rycote, to increase efficiency of workflow. Perfect for the sound professional.
The PCS-Boom Connector is a simple click-in attachment mechanism for boom poles.The PCS ‘tip’ locks into any 3/8″ female threaded windshield kit/shock-mount - made by Rycote or other manufacturers - and stays fitted. The Connector attaches securely to the boom pole. Connection/release is then a quick and easy ‘click’ in/pull-out operation. This allows for super-fast swapping of different mics (and windshield kits) on and off... perfect for all manner of production sound recording applications.
The PCS-Boom Connector is also very lightweight, coming in at only 53g (Connector and Tip combined). Crucially for professional audio use, the PCS-Boom Connector is designed to remain completely secure and noise-free during use - essential for anything going on the end of a boom pole.
The thread connection is a high-grade aluminium, with a twin locking screw arrangement. The connection grips the boom pole thread, without damaging it – and makes for a reassuringly solid connection.
Easy connection and release mechanism
With its easy one handed ‘click-in’ attachment and pull collar release mechanism, the PCS-Boom Connector provides incredibly fast and easy operation. The positive ‘click’ on being pressed in and fitted gives you the confidence that it is connected and secure. Releasing is a simple matter of pulling down the outer collar on the PCS-Boom Connector - completely intuitive.
Ingenious design, rigorously tested.
The PCS-Boom Connector has been designed to provide a more convenient way to attach and remove kit on and off a boom pole, whilst also providing a sturdy and quiet connection in use. Rycote have rigorously tested the PCS-Boom Connector in development, exposing it to all sorts of extreme conditions and subjecting it to thousands of operational ‘cycles’ – all to help ensure long and reliable service.
* Designed for professional boom pole use, with any 3/8” threaded boom pole
* Intuitive and incredibly easy attachment and release mechanism – for fast and simple swapping of mics (in shock mounts/windshields)
* Single handed, positive locking operation: just press in and ‘click’ to connect
* Rock solid and noise free in operation, for audio critical boom pole use
* Lightweight (only 53g Connector + Tip combined), small and durable
* Secure locking with 100 Newton maximum load (equivalent to 10kg in a fixed position)
* Made out of robust, high quality materials
* Neutral colours (black and grey) with non-reflective finish
* Locks to boom pole without damaging the boom pole thread
* Designed and made in the UK, extensively tested in Germany
Compatible with any make / manufacturer of microphone shock-mount, suspension or windshield kit with a female 3/8″ thread
Compatible with any accessories with a female 3/8″ thread (incl. boom poles but also antennas, ‘magic arms’, mic stands, etc.)
Includes: PCS-Boom Connector Collar, 3/8” Tip with Hytrel Washer, Hex/Allen Key
Rycote product number: RYC185801
Download the info sheet from Attachments
|Manufacturer product number (MPN)